- 3-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 ounces gorgonzola, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp. water
- 1/2 tbsp. sugar
- Dash hot sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 8 8” baguette, sliced into 1/2” rounds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 roma tomatoes
- 1/4 c. bacon, cooked crisp and chopped
- 1/3 c. lettuce, cut chiffonade style
- 4 ounces gorgonzola, crumbled
Add olive oil, garlic, gorgonzola, vinegar, water, sugar and hot sauce in a small blender and pulse until desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 400° F. Place baguette rounds on parchment covered baking sheet and brush each with olive oil. Bake 5 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and rub each piece with garlic clove. Place toasts on a serving platter.
Coarsely chop the tomatoes and place in a medium bowl. Add bacon, lettuce and gorgonzola and stir to combine. Top with dressing and stir to combine, adding more as needed to reach the desired consistency.
To serve, top each toast with a heaping spoonful of the mixture and place on serving platter.