- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 slender asparagus spears, cut diagonally into 1" pieces
- 1-1/2 cups yellow squash, cut into half rounds
- 3/4 c. red pepper, diced
- 1 c. packed arugula leaves, coarsely chopped
- 3 scallions sliced
- 2 slices bacon, cooked crisp, diced
- 12 ounces short pasta (campanelle or rotini), cooked, drained, rinsed and cooled
- 1-1/4 cups (5 oz.) fontina cheese, cut into 1/4" cubes
- 1/4 c. aged Parmesan, grated
- 1/2 c. Italian dressing
- 1/2 tsp. salt, or to taste
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes, or to taste
In a nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic, asparagus, squash and red pepper; cook for 3 minutes, or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in arugula, scallions and bacon; remove from heat.
In a large serving bowl, combine pasta, vegetables, fontina, Parmesan, Italian dressing, salt and red pepper flakes; toss well and serve.